The latest version of Dr Robert Dorion’s Bitemark Evidence is now available. Covering all aspects of forensic dentistry The following chapters are included. There are excellent new chapters on the science and reliability of bitemarks as well as a chapter on wrongful conviction. You can order the book from Amazon by clicking here for the US version.
- A historical perspective, beginning with the earliest known bitemark references from the Bible and the Kama Sutra, up to the modern development of forensic organizations around the world
- Updated chapter on digital photography
- Practical tips on forensic bitemark photography
- Processing and analysis of digital images for evidentiary purposes
- The rationale, use, materials, and methods employed for confocal laser microscopy (CLM) and the scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- Current issues in bitemark analysis and research, emerging technologies, and recent developments
- Completely revamped section on research with hundreds of accompanying color photographs
- Experimental bitemarks and histology, with data on the microscopic examination of bitemarks on fresh and frozen piglet skin and the microscopic examination of human bitemarks
- Updated information on genotypic comparison of oral bacteria isolated from bitemarks and teeth
- Proper steps in forming a contract with an expert witness
- Erroneous bitemark opinions and wrongful convictions overturned by DNA evidence
The book is available in its first edition as a kindle book – you can access this version here.